Radix, a domain name provider, offers the .store domain name for retailers’ e-Commerce stores. The .store domain offers a high availability of short names that are instantly recognizable as retail destinations, across search engines, banners and print ads.
A domain name is one of the first elements that must be established when building an online presence, but more than 65% of domain name availability checks fail. That’s because most of the short, memorable names in conventional domains (such as .com) already are taken, Radix said.
The .store domain name offers retailers various benefits:
- Short: Concise names are more readily available than with other domains;
- Memorable: The domain helps shoppers remember the site as a store;
- Relevant: Describes the site in the domain name;
- Brandable: Branded .store sites help create a strong retail brand; and
- SEO-friendly: The .store domain is recognized by search engines.
More than 200,000 businesses and influencers are building their online businesses on .store domains, including the airline Emirates (www.Emirates.store), the NBA (www.NBA.store) and Grammy award-winning artist Lorde (www.Lorde.store).