Payment technology and solution provider First Data has hired former Citigroup and Bank of America executive Christopher Augustin as Chief Information Officer (CIO). In his role, Augustin will lead software development and engineering processes, as well as application development.
Most recently, Augustin was CIO and Senior Business Advisor for Marked Private LLC, where he was responsible for designing and building the company’s private messaging and social networking web site. In addition to tenures at Javelin Capital Markets LLC and Salomon Brothers, Augustin served as CIO for several prominent financial institutions, including Citigroup, Bank of America and Merrill Lynch.
“Chris Augustin, a key addition to our leadership team, arrives at First Data to accelerate our innovation and deliver cutting-edge solutions to help our clients grow their businesses,” said Guy Chiarello, President of First Data. “Chris’ broad experience and creativity, ranging from startups to large financial institutions, will guide our extensive development, conversion and implementation efforts and maintain First Data’s position at the forefront of a dynamic and competitive industry.”
“I’m excited to be part of this transformation and new chapter at First Data,” Augustin said. “Supporting our customers and our clients requires us to be forward looking and innovative as we aggressively leverage our existing technology base and pursue new, advanced technology solutions.”
Latest from Alicia Esposito
- RSR Analyst: Many Sites Still ‘Abnormally Slow’ Ahead Of Holiday Rush
- StoreTours: Pandora Jewelry Unveils New Immersive Store Concept
- Store Tour: Pandora Jewelry Unveils New Immersive Store Concept
- Leveraging Marketplace Momentum: How To Capitalize On New Growth Opportunities Without Risking Your Brand Identity
- Podcast: Are Retailers Finally Getting Holiday Experience Right?