Insights on front-and-center retail topics including AI, real estate, customer service and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are featured in the new 2018 Retail Look Book: Business Insights for the New Year, from Remodista. This second annual edition includes a look back at the disruptive forces that rocked 2017 — such as Amazon’s growth along with the impact of voice technology and IoT — as well as predictions for the coming year.
The Look Book includes essays such as:
• “Test Small, Win Big…And Fail?”, on the benefits of frequent testing, by Chau Banks, EVP, CIO and Channel Integration for New York & Company;
• “The Future Of Retail Is In Asia Pacific,” by Michelle Grant, Head of Retailing, Euromonitor International;
• “Community As A Retail Model,” by Marta Wohrle, CEO, Truth in Aging;
• “Responsible Retailing Is At The Core Of Our Business,” by Julie Mathers, Founder, flora& fauna; and
• “Video + Voice Over Text,” by Steve McInnes, Digital Transformation and Innovation Partner, TribalScale.
The Look Book also includes updates on Remodista’s programs, including Women2Watch. This program includes a comprehensive list of women disruptors from around the world, award celebrations in Australia and the U.S., and a program to place women as keynote and conference speakers in retail and finance industry events.
Explaining the umbrellas that decorate the 2018 Look Book, Remodista Founder and CEO Kelly Stickel, who will be speaking at the 2018 Retail Innovation Conference, said “When the weather is volatile, we all look for shelter. And when you have an umbrella, and the person standing next to you doesn’t, you offer them cover. In 2017, Remodista transitioned, expanded, and diversified our portfolio of offerings and the way we go to market — and as we did so, the weather became increasingly rough. We made a commitment early on to foster a community of people willing to share their umbrella.”
Click here to download the 2018 Look Book.