NCR is launching new features for its self-checkout solution: vision-based scanners and biometric age verification for age-restricted products. The products are designed to simplify the self-checkout process, while simultaneously helping to reduce shrink.
The company will showcase these offerings at NRF 2018, booth #3121 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, January 14-16. During the show, NCR will celebrate 20 years since the installation of its first self-checkout solution.
NCR has partnered with PTC, an IoT software and services company, to create a next-generation service offering designed to span a store’s entire operation. The digital connected services enable retailers and restaurant chains to optimize the total cost of ownership of their IT infrastructure as well as their administrative spend. NCR will add PTC’s ThingWorx platform to its portfolio to strengthen its services lifecycle management capabilities. PTC and NCR will showcase the offering at NRF 2018.
- Infrastructure, Trade And Immigration Top NRF Policy Priorities, With SOTU Pending
- NRF 2018: Wakefern, Postmates Tap Next-Gen Cameras And Robotics To Improve Logistics
- NRF 2018: Retail Personalization Reaches A Crossroads
- Mi9 Retail Acquires JustEnough Software
- EBay, Cosabella, 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Lead The Next Wave Of AI Implementation