Michaels has made several changes to its top leadership team, including appointing Vidya Jwala to the newly created position of Chief Customer Officer. Additionally, Scott Lindblom has been promoted to EVP and CIO, and Holly Shaskey-Platek has been promoted to EVP and Chief Human Resources Officer.
Jwala has held a variety of retail leadership roles, including Chief eCommerce and Supply Chain Officer at DICK’S Sporting Goods and VP of Merchandising and Operations at Walmart. In this new role at Michael’s, he will be responsible for the creation of a customer-centric business strategy across all touch points, leading IT, marketing, customer relationship management, loyalty, business analytics and external vendors to optimize the Michaels customer experience.
Prior to a five year stint with Michaels as SVP and CIO, Lindblom held several IT leadership roles at Ross Stores and Best Buy. Lindblom will be responsible for all IT areas at Michaels, including the development and implementation of technologies and overseeing the IT initiatives roadmap. Shaskey-Platek has been with Michaels since 2017, when she joined as SVP Merchandise Operations, subsequently serving as SVP Human Resources.
Latest from Bryan Wassel
- Anomalie Leverages Data To Help Brides Create The Dress Of Their Dreams
- Away CEO Resigns Following Report Of ‘Toxic Working Environment’
- Hudson Reveals Updated Store Design, Mobile App For 2020
- ShopFulfill Introduces Anchor Shops To Help Online Retailers Launch Their First Physical Storefront
- True Religion Apparel Appoints Former Design VP As New Creative Director