UK-based pet care retailer Pets at Home has optimized its stores’ layouts with the rollout of Symphony RetailAI’s SR Store Planning and Optimization solutions. Many of the retailer’s 440 redesigned locations now will have more room for in-store services such as veterinary care and pet grooming.
During a review and proof of concept, the solution optimized merchandising space for each category, aisle and department. One scenario resulted in an approximately 20% reduction in display space, which was reallocated to other services, while another enhanced the layout without changing space allocation.
The solutions are based on SKU-level performance analysis from a user-selected training period. The process can be automated or performed manually, and all settings may be adjusted in real time.
- Walmart Installs Four Senior Execs At Flipkart
- Amazon Purchases Indian Hypermarket Chain More For $580 Million
- Walmart Acquires Cornershop, Enhancing Online Grocery Presence In Mexico And Chile
- German Department Stores Merge As Competition With Amazon Heats Up
- Jack Ma To Step Down As Chairman Of Alibaba In September 2019