UK-based pet care retailer Pets at Home has optimized its stores’ layouts with the rollout of Symphony RetailAI’s SR Store Planning and Optimization solutions. Many of the retailer’s 440 redesigned locations now will have more room for in-store services such as veterinary care and pet grooming.
During a review and proof of concept, the solution optimized merchandising space for each category, aisle and department. One scenario resulted in an approximately 20% reduction in display space, which was reallocated to other services, while another enhanced the layout without changing space allocation.
The solutions are based on SKU-level performance analysis from a user-selected training period. The process can be automated or performed manually, and all settings may be adjusted in real time.
- With U.S. Growth Uncertain, Global Commerce Offers New Opportunities
- IKEA Scouts Potential Mexico Locations, Introduces NYC ‘City Center’ Store
- Symphony RetailAI Names Kevin Sterneckert CMO
- Revived FAO Schwarz Moves Beyond Toys Into Home Products, Accessories And Candy
- Retail Store Tours Kicks Off European Expansion In Barcelona