RetailMeNot, a savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants, and brandshas acquired LowestMed, a web site and app that compares prescription drug prices. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The companies have rebranded LowestMed to RetailMeNot Rx Saver.
“RetailMeNot is proud to welcome LowestMed to the company as RetailMeNot Rx Saver,” said Cotter Cunningham, CEO and Founder of RetailMeNot, in a statement. “Many consumers don’t know that they can easily save money on their prescription medications. The addition of RetailMeNot Rx Saver helps RetailMeNot consumers save on more of the things they need, making this another step toward RetailMeNot becoming the ultimate savings destination.”
The platform will provide consumers with mobile or printable coupons for FDA-approved prescription medications, in addition to displaying prices at nearby pharmacies. Using the app, consumers can enter the name of a prescription drug, and RetailMeNot Rx Saver shows how much that medication costs at different nearby pharmacies after discounts are applied.
Latest from Klaudia Tirico
- New Lifestyle Site Helps Millennials Simplify Shopping
- Corporación GPF Implements Oracle Retail For Inventory Optimization
- Captain D’s Triples Loyalty Registrations With Text-To-Join Feature
- Caleres Appoints New President Of Famous Footwear
- #RIC18: West Elm Innovation VP: ‘Move From Outputs To Outcomes’