Less than two months after shuttering all of its 500+ stores, Charlotte Russe is making a minor comeback. The fashion retailer relaunched its online store on June 3, and reopened five physical stores on June 5. YM Inc., the new owner of Charlotte Russe, plans to open 100 locations.
YM, which operates more than 560 stores across North America under the banners of Canadian retailers Urban Planet, Suzy and Bluenotes, purchased Charlotte Russe’s brand and intellectual property in March after its parent company filed for bankruptcy.
The five reopened stores are located in:
- Southland Center in Michigan;
- Cumberland Mall in Georgia;
- Willowbrook Mall and Monmouth Mall in New Jersey; and
- Park City Center in Pennsylvania.
- Rothy’s Names Charlotte Russe Exec As CFO
- Charlotte Russe Will Close, Liquidate All Stores, But Intellectual Property Remains Up For Sale
- Charlotte Russe Files For Bankruptcy, Will Close 94 Stores
- Charlotte Russe Increases Instagram Click-Throughs With Like2Buy
- Charlotte Russe And Nordstrom Connect Instagram Content And Commerce