Albertsons Cos., the parent company of supermarket chains Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco and Shaw’s, is introducing technology designed to give CPG brands access to shopper data and help them deliver targeted ad campaigns.
Quotient, a data-driven promotions and analytics company, partnered with the grocery giant to launch the Albertsons Performance Media platform. Using the platform, Albertsons and its CPG partners can gather feedback on the impact their digital ads are having on in-store sales.
Albertsons has been piloting these efforts with major brands, and says ROI has been 3X higher on average than similar efforts, according to a report from CNBC. The retailer has signed up more than 60 CPG brands for the program.
Promotions are placed across all sites and apps where digital ads appear, and will not be restricted to pages relating to Albertsons.
According to a joint press release, Albertsons Performance Media is built on three key pillars:
- Shopper audience targeting using purchasing data;
- Creative ad units to deliver brand equity ads and experiences across mobile, social and web, integrated with a call-to-action such as a digital coupon, in-store special or add-to-cart to drive sales; and
- Media measurement, which uses advanced analytics to measure performance by linking ad views to a shopper’s verified purchase.
Brands using the platform can activate shoppers and improve their experiences within an Albertsons store in multiple ways:
- Supporting in-store events by targeting specific Albertsons shoppers when they are planning their shopping trip;
- Supporting shopper themes at critical times with brand or merchant messages (i.e., Mother’s Day, Back to School);
- Building brand loyalty with retail calls-to-action along the digital path to purchase, such as proximity to stores or incentives for multiple purchases over time;
- Targeting media and offers to drive new product trial and repeat purchases, while allowing for A/B testing, campaign impact analysis and optimization; and
- Driving shoppers to the digital shelf.
Quotient, which already partners with Albertsons on its digital savings programs, will manage and optimize the processes around Albertsons Performance Media. This includes collecting shopper data through POS with its Quotient Retailer iQ platform; working with brands and Albertsons to design campaigns; developing and delivering creative; and measurement throughout the entire process.
- Tops Supermarket Debuts Curbside Pickup, Adds Organic Options Online
- Inforum 2018: Albertsons Deploys Food And Beverage Platform At Manufacturing Plants
- Tell The Story Of Luxury Brands (And Don’t Skimp On Evocative Details)
- Albertsons Appoints Former Starbucks Head As President And CEO
- Advertising In An On-Demand World: Why Brands Should Embrace The Connected TV Revolution