Of a Kind Co-Founders Claire Mazur and Erica Cerulo made the announcement via an email blast to their subscribers. In the note, Mazur and Cerulo indicated that Of a Kind will continue to operate as it has since the launch in 2010. Additionally, Of a Kind merchandise will not be sold in Bed Bath & Beyond stores.
“We'll bring you more limited-edition creations that support the work and careers of emerging designers we love,” the Co-Founders wrote in the message. “We'll tell you more stories and share our discoveries. We'll keep sending our '10 Things' newsletter and gabbing on our podcast.”
Of a Kind launched in 2010, selling limited-edition products from emerging designers before adding full-time inventory. In spring 2015, the retailer expanded by introducing a collection of home décor products in 350 Target stores. Products available include wall art, bookends and wall hooks, coasters, flasks, toothbrushes and soap dishes from various designer brands.
Latest from Glenn Taylor
- Target Launches Health-Conscious Private Label Grocery Brand
- Banana Republic Introduces ‘Style Passport’ Subscription, But Will It Draw Shoppers?
- Report: Alibaba Acquires Kaola For $2 Billion
- Macy’s, JCPenney Enter Resale Market With ThredUP Partnership
- Spalding’s DTC Push Is A Slam Dunk: E-Commerce Sales Skyrocket 270%