Google has launched Google Cloud for Retail, a solution suite that leverages the tech giant’s data analytics and AI capabilities to drive personalized and seamless retail experiences. The platform includes the following capabilities:
- Visual Product Search: Retailers can integrate Google Lens-type capabilities into their mobile experiences to let shoppers find items based on photos;
- Recommendations: An AI-powered tool that delivers personalized product recommendations at scale to suit individual tastes and preferences;
- E-Commerce Hosting: Google will provide flexible and scalable hosting to help brands adjust to market demand across channels;
- Real Time Inventory Management and Analytics: Retailers can access improved inventory visibility across shelves, aisles and stockrooms; and
- Empowered Associates: This platform combines G Suite with the social intranet capabilities of Google Cloud partners to foster communication across the organization.
- Contact Center AI, which helps retailers build a modern customer care experience; and
- AutoML Tables, software to better predict customer demand through machine learning models and to better optimize product distribution, promotions and pricing.
Retailers already using the solution suite include IKEA, which is leveraging visual product search to enable customers to take a photo of a household item and find identical or similar products in its online catalogue. Galaxus has implemented Google’s Recommendations AI to improve its personalization capabilities.
“Recommendations AI was easy to integrate with our existing recommendations framework, and enabled us to deliver next-gen recommendations without a ton of work,” said Oliver Herren, CIO at Galaxus in a statement. “We are steadily investing in data science and it is very helpful for us to be able to integrate and test different algorithms. Recommendations AI performs really well on our product detail pages and increased conversions and revenue significantly.”
Other retailers partnering with Google Cloud include Bed Bath and Beyond, Carrefour, Kohl's, Loblaw, METRO, Ocado, Shopify, Target, The Home Depot and Ulta Beauty. Google also is working with solution providers and consultants to develop additional capabilities, including Bluecore, Capgemini, Deloitte, Publicis Sapient, Salesforce, SAP, Tableau and Tulip.
The Google Cloud for Retail suite is the latest advancement Google has made as a solution provider, building on tools such as an ad platform created with Shopify. Additionally, Walmart started offering grocery ordering through Google Assistant earlier this month.
- Tammy & Benjamin Drives 230% Sales Lift From Facebook Ads, 90% Boost From Google
- Ulta Beauty Powers Personalization With Expanded Google Cloud Partnership
- Winning On Google: How Retailers Can Evolve Their Search Strategies
- Why Google Shoppable Image Ads Are So Important
- IKEA Revamps AR App To Enable Purchases