Mom-and-pop businesses comprise 70% of U.S. enterprises, so maintaining a healthy small-business sector is vital to the overall economy — and to retail in particular. These seven data-driven tips are designed to let mom-and-pop shops compete with their larger rivals:
- Display products on your web site to boost in-store sales;
- Optimize your checkout line to keep customers from waiting;
- Support "Shop Local" campaigns to engage the community;
- Offer niche products your big-box competitors don't have;
- Get to know your customers on a personal level;
- Take advantage of mobile offers to incentivize shoppers; and
- Train your sales staff to be customer service experts.
Get more details and learn about common business misconceptions in this infographic from Fundera.