It’s the most wonderful time of the retail year: Companies are gearing up for another competitive holiday shopping season. While the 2022 season focused on increasing profitability during a challenging economy, Salesforce’s holiday shopping predictions show that 2023 is all about keeping loyal customers happy.
Why? Because finding new customers is getting more expensive — and marketing budgets are shrinking. Since existing customers drive most of retailers’ revenue, keeping them satisfied this season should be top priority.
Check out Salesforce’s five key predictions for the 2023 holiday shopping season, including:
- Generative and predictive AI will influence digital sales;
- Poor returns experiences will cost sales;
- BOPIS will drive incremental store purchases;
- Social media ads will deliver the best ROI; and
- Consumers will embrace the resale market to save money – and the planet.