With so many consumers using mobile and other devices throughout their shopping journeys, a store-level forecast no longer provides a true picture of market activity. Gary Sankary, Industry Marketing Strategy – Retail for Esri, tells Retail TouchPoints Editorial Director Andrew Gaffney that location intelligence, plus the “visual data mining” of a geographic information system (GIS), can provide the key to holistic market forecasting, for example by measuring the “halo effect” that a brick-and-mortar store can have on digital channels.
- How Zebra Improves Shopper Engagement By Arming Associates With Technology
- Waitrose, PCMS Execs Reveal How End-To-End Platform Drives Mobile Self-Checkout
- RetailX Preview: A Road Map For The Blended Digital-Physical World Of Retail
- Lamps Plus Wins Customer Engagement Award For Focus On Customer Feedback
- Orvis Wins Customer Engagement Award For ROPIS Initiative