Holman shares insights on a study IHL conducted debunking the concept of the “Retail Apocalypse.” Holman noted: “There might have been lots of stores that closed last year, but a whole lot more opened.” He identified two specific challenges brick-and-mortar retailers are dealing with today: 1) The store experience is different from the online experience; and 2) The inventory distortion problem. Both are data-driven issues retailers are challenged with today. Regarding AI, spend by retailer will be up by 7% in 2018, according to IHL research.
- Samsung Unveils Pop-Up Shop Solution, Emphasizes Many Opportunities Of Pop-Ups For Retailers
- The Evolution (And Challenges) Of Omnichannel
- Salesforce: Mobile Growth Makes Personalization Even More Critical
- Aptos Features AR, Endless Aisle As Part Of Aptos Labs
- Salesforce: Helping Retailers Innovate At Their Customers’ Pace