Shoptalk 2019 did not disappoint: it has established itself as one of the “must attend” retail events of the year. The biggest problem is choosing between compelling sessions, meetings and, of course, playing with the puppies from the SPCA.
I actually missed a few sessions I was planning to attend because I was engaged in great conversations with retailers, solution/service providers, media colleagues and other industry experts. Five top takeaways from my Shoptalk experience are:
- Personalization is being defined by each company’s business goals;
- Women Leadership is taking center stage;
- Influencers are rising to the surface as a vital marketing element;
- Subscription Services can boost sales and loyalty for a wide variety of brands; and
- Voice is the next customer engagement frontier.