Due to the success of its mobile app and rewards program, Starbucks has consistently released new features and functionality. The coffee giant most recently added digital tipping and shake-to-pay capabilities to the iPhone app and is now testing a mobile pre-ordering feature.
The feature, which allows customers to select and pay for their beverages before even entering a location, has been rolled out to Starbucks Korea and is expected to be implemented in U.S. stores this year.
Pop-up alerts will alert customers when their orders are approved, beverages are being prepared and when they are ready to be served. This helps reduce in-store waiting times.
A Starbucks Korea spokesperson stated: “We value communication with our customers above all in our business principles, and communication through digitalized marketing tools such as ‘Siren Order’ will help to extend and innovate our customer relations.”
Latest from Alicia Fiorletta
- Leveraging Marketplace Momentum: How To Capitalize On New Growth Opportunities Without Risking Your Brand Identity
- Podcast: Are Retailers Finally Getting Holiday Experience Right?
- Alexa: Retail’s Next Friend…Or Foe?
- Aptos Commits Millions To Launch Aptos Labs
- eBags Boosts Conversions 20% With Innovative Tech Investments