Last year, hot topics during the NRF Big Show 2012 included cross-channel, digital signage, mobile technology and social networking. One year later, these topics remain essential and will be addressed during educational sessions and show floor discussions. In 2013, speakers also will address sociological and economic issues impacting the retail industry. The 2013 BIG Show is taking place at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City on January 13-16.
In a keynote session titled, Building Strong Nations: The Three Pillars To A Prosperous Society, Kofi Annan, Secretary-General of United Nations (UN) and Nobel Peace Prize Winner, will shed light on current global social and economic uncertainty and will offer wisdom to inspire stronger nations — and a healthier global community. Terry J. Lundgren, Chairman, President and CEO of Macy’s and Outgoing Chairman of NRF, will join Annan during the January 14th keynote presentation.
Another session will feature three CEOs who plan to focus a presentation on how the retail industry can work together to promote civility and respect, with shared values and positive action toward creating jobs, careers and overall economic prosperity. Titled Conscious Leadership: A Call To Action For The Retail Industry And Beyond, the panel discussion will feature Walter Robb, Co-CEO of Whole Foods Market; Howard Schultz, Chairman, President and CEO of Starbucks; and Kip Tindell, Chairman and CEO of The Container Store.
In a session focused on digital strategies, Build-A-Bear executives Dave Finnegan and Teresa Kroll will discuss how IT, digital technologies and marketing work together to help the retail organization better understand the current mindsets of shoppers and their future expectations.
A number of other retail executives will present sessions during the event, representing companies including: The Children’s Place, The Home Depot, Benjamin Moore, Hannaford Bros., Target, Wet Seal, Dress Barn, Abercrombie & Fitch, Pier 1 Imports, Office Depot, Brooks Brothers, Price Chopper Supermarkets and Metro Group.
NRF Expands EXPO Hall
This year, attendees will have the option to visit exhibitors in two EXPO halls encompassing 162,000 total square feet: the original EXPO hall on Level 3 of the Javits Center (140,000 square feet), and an additional 22,000 square feet on Level 1. Approximately 450 companies will be exhibiting in the combined spaces.
- Target, Walmart And Whole Foods Honored For Energy Efficiency Efforts
- Target Takes The Lead In Testing Food Transparency Pricing
- Top Macy’s, Kohl’s And Neiman Marcus Marketing Execs Resign
- Target Doubles Down On Wellness With ‘Connected Health’ Category
- Macy's, Walmart, Staples Enhance Relevance Of Mobile Ads
Latest from Fatima D. Lora
- Retail Theft Barometer Finds Shrink Exceeds $112 Billion Worldwide
- TrueVUE Inventory Display Execution Helps Speed Product Counting
- Cross-Channel Fulfillment Takes Priority Over Other Omnichannel Initiatives
- Mobile Price Intelligence Solution From 360pi Helps Combat Showrooming
- Less Than Half Of Marketers Report Sufficient Access To Relevant Business Data