Retailers are competing on the customer experience more than ever. Landmark statistics on the workforce’s role in the customer experience were recently released in a joint Empathica and Axsium whitepaper based on the results of a recent consumer insights survey. Insight uncovered consumer outcomes relating to different elements of the customer journey.
Highlighted findings include:
- 75% of consumers will walk out of the store if they don’t have access to knowledgeable associates
- 80% of consumers say their shopping experience is improved when staff is eager to help
- 40% of consumers find lack of access to managers on the store floor frustrating
In this upcoming webinar, guest speakers Bob Clements of Axsium and Gary Edwards of Empathica will dive into the survey results and discuss ways that retailers can leverage these important findings to:
- Define the customer journey and evaluate whether or not associates understand its importance
- Determine and budget the right amount of labor to deliver an optimal customer experience
- Align associate schedules and manager accessibility with customer need
- Assess whether associates have the right skills to succeed
- Validate the impact of ongoing workforce strategies on the customer experience
With insight from Clements and Edwards, retailers can fully self-assess their current customer experience and workforce alignment strategy. The benefits of aligning your workforce strategy with your customer experience are clear: an engaged, focused workforce delivering on the brand experience that customers expect drives positive financial performance – in every store, every day, one customer at a time.
- Bob Clements, Senior Principal, Axsium Group
- Gary Edwards, Chief Customer Officer, Empathica