In 2011, more than 90% of multi-channel retail sales came from within the store. This revenue base is now under attack by the proliferation of smartphones and comparative shopping apps used within the store by consumers who want the best experience and price.
In this on-demand webinar, guest speaker Peter Sheldon of Forrester Research and Eric Newman of Digby discusses this opportunity and shares insights into how a retail branded rich app can change the game in the retail store by enabling retailers to engage with their customers like never before.
Specific initiatives to be covered, that can be driven directly through the retailer’s branded rich app, include:
- Driving store traffic by geofencing locations and sending promotional offers through push notifications
- Engaging with consumers in the store through check-ins, bar code scans, promotions, and relevant offers
- Enabling mobile commerce for in the store or on the go
- Providing web-style analytics to the physical retail store like never before
With the tips and tactics shared by Sheldon, and Newman (based on Digby’s recent Localpoint launch), retailers will be able to achieve their strategic multi-channel goals through the implementation of best-in-class mobile applications.
- Eric Newman, Vice President of Products, Digby
- Peter Sheldon, Senior Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.