In a new version of its iPad point-of-sale (POS) solution, Revel 2.0, Revel Systems has added security updates, which include photo confirmation and anti-identity theft protection, built into the POS.
To use the photo confirmation service, employees swipe the customer’s credit card, then the customer’s photo is accessed from their Revel account, which can be created through online Facebook integration. The POS will then check for visual verification and prompt the employee to verify that the picture shown matches the person using the credit card, removing any threat of stolen PIN codes or cards. Accounts can be set up at www.revelution.com.
In addition to the security feature enhancements to Revel 2.0, additional updates include:
- New AES 256 Encryption code for Infinite Peripherals card swipes;
- Mobile Device Management through partnership with Moki Mobility to allow for remote iPad management, including the ability to lock down lost or stolen iPads and data;
- Catering tracking orders and calendar;
- Delivery tracking and driver and production analytics, including average prep time, average driver times and detailed delivery order information;
- Purchase order (PO) inventory tracking system with advanced inventory and shipment receiving
- SumUp integration payments for UK and Europe;
- Updated retail item selection features, including the ability to select size and color of specific items, which will be reflected in the item’s photo; and
- Label printer from iPad for jewelry printing and ticket printing.