Hardy Capital Partners and a small group of Canadian investors acquired ShoeMe.ca and OnlineShoes.com to create the largest online footwear organization in Canada.
The joint company will have more than 250 employees, with collective annual revenue of approximately $200 million CDN. Offering more than 350 shoe brands and 35,000 SKUs, the two businesses will serve more than 1.5 million customers in 2014.
In wake of the announcement, Roger Hardy, CEO of the new joint company, shared insights regarding how the retailer plans to move forward in the below Q&A.
Retail TouchPoints (RTP): What are your next steps for consolidating ShoeMe.ca and OnlineShoes.com?
Hardy: We are currently working through the specifics on how best to integrate the two businesses. We anticipate having dedicated teams for ShoeMe.ca and OnlineShoes.com in Seattle and Vancouver, as well as specific centers of excellence that specialize in business-critical functions. The brands will continue to operate independently, but we are assessing how we can integrate specific parts of the business to provide a better overall experience for customers and drive business efficiencies.
RTP: What new business opportunities does this acquisition present?
RTP: What can your consumers expect from ShoeMe.ca and OnlineShoes.com as the industry gears up for back-to-school shopping and the holiday season?
Hardy: Our consumers can expect a broader selection of merchandise, a refreshed shopping experience and the same great service that has gotten both of these brands to where they are today.
RTP: Beyond you taking the reins as CEO, will there be any significant changes to the retailer’s internal operations as the two businesses converge?
Hardy: Other than that, there will be no significant changes. We believe both companies have great values and great leadership at the helm. Growth will continue to be the main focus for both OnlineShoes.com and ShoeMe.ca as the two businesses converge.
- Loblaw Invests More Than $1 Billion As Canadian Retail Shows Strength
- Symphony EYC Acquires Fifth Dimension As Retailers Revamp Store Planning
- RetailMeNot Acquires GiftCard Zen, Enters Secondary E-Gifting Market
- 2016 Retail Innovator Award Winners Announced
- BIC Selects SIS Group International To Represent Cello Pens
Latest from Alicia Fiorletta
- What Retailers Can Learn From Netflix In 5 Easy Lessons
- Lush ‘Merely Scratching The Surface’ Of Multi-Billion Dollar Cosmetics Market
- Innovation Labs Help Retailers Keep Pace With Industry Shifts
- How Moleskine Innovates In A Digital World
- Boll & Branch CEO: Great Products Are The Foundation Of Successful Sustainability