Aiming to cover the many technologies and trends reshaping how consumers discover, shop and buy, the founders of Money20/20 are launching Shoptalk, a conference and exhibition scheduled to debut May 16-18, 2016 at the Aria in Las Vegas. With $2.5 million in funding from strategic investors, the event is projected to attract more than 2,000 attendees, including hundreds of CEOs.
"Retail is being disrupted by a wide range of new commerce models and innovative technologies," said Shoptalk Chairman Anil Aggarwal in an interview with Retail TouchPoints. "Some of them – for example, those whose ultimate proposition is selling products within the context of providing services – barely even resemble traditional retailers. Yet they have profound impacts on consumers' discovering, shopping and buying and, as a result, on the retail industry.
This cross-pollination at the core of Shoptalk will result in everything from product development to strategic partnerships that enable new consumer experiences, innovative distribution models and more, according to Aggarwal. He is joined by his Money20/20 partner Jonathan Weiner and Silicon Valley entrepreneur Don Kingsborough in launching this new event.
Shoptalk has already confirmed more than 70 CEOs to speak and this number is "quickly climbing to hundreds of CEOs, founders and executives," said Aggarwal. "Our speakers include everyone from large retailers to startups, and the venture-backed companies we've confirmed so far represent more than $2.5 billion in funding. That's a tremendous amount of innovation for retailers to learn about and engage with."
The Shoptalk agenda will cover a diverse group of topics, including:
• Search, discovery and curation;
• Pioneering brands and retail models;
• On-demand services, delivery and logistics;
• Collaborative consumption and the sharing economy;
• Integrated omnichannel shopping;
• Measurement and analytics everywhere; and
• Globalization and borderless shopping.
- INDOCHINO Fills Two VP Roles To Enhance Omnichannel Model
- Darkstore Raises $1.4 Million For Expansion To 3 New Markets
- Deborah Lippmann Connects Content And Commerce To Increase Conversions
- 6 Ways E-Commerce Has Matured In 20 Years
- #Shoptalk17: Jos. A Bank and Pottery Barn Show Off Enhanced E-Commerce Capabilities