“Over the past two years, we have been fortunate enough to work with some of the leading brands in retail,” said Garrett Eastham, CEO of Edgecase. The rebranding reflects “the evolution of our platform and vision.”
As part of the brand re-launch, Edgecase unveiled the Adaptive Experience Platform, designed to help brands and retailers address the reality that every shopper is an “edge case,” or an individual with unique preferences and desires.
Edgecase built and refined the new solution based on shopper feedback collected in usability studies. The solution provider also collaborated with its key retail customers, such as Crate & Barrel, Golfsmith, Rebecca Minkoff, Urban Decay and Wasserstrom.
“An edge case is the hardest things a business can tackle,” Eastham noted. “Consumers today want to take control of the discovery experience.”
The Adaptive Experience Platform combines machine learning and content curation to provide more inspiring shopping experiences.
“Software can comb through mass amounts of data, but it requires a human to connect the dots,” said Eastham in an interview with Retail TouchPoints. “Our curation workforce adds that human element.”
By combining human and machine, Edgecase is “breaking away from the traditional definition of personalization,” Eastham said. “It reaffirms that as a consumer, your tastes and preferences are as unique as the person you are. You aren’t a segment.”
The platform includes a variety of new features, including “more like this” advanced visual navigation, the ability to designate “nice to have” attributes as well as “must have” attributes.
“Most leading-edge web sites simply are not inspiring,” Eastham said. “Consumers are craving something new and different. They don’t want your old school experience; they are craving curated experiences.”
The new brand and solution will be unveiled at the 2014 Shop.org Summit, taking place Sept. 29 to Oct. 1, 2014 in Seattle.
- Augmented Reality Brings Online Furniture Shopping To Life At Chairish
- Rue La La Eliminates Data Silos To Kickstart Email Personalization
- Cheetah Mobile Rebrands Mobile Ad Business To Include Video Ads
- VOLT Lighting Launches Upgraded E-Commerce Site
- Barnes & Noble Education Buys Virtual Bookstore Operator For $174 Million
Latest from Alicia Fiorletta
- eBags Boosts Conversions 20% With Innovative Tech Investments
- Engaging And Empowering The Modern Workforce
- $20 Billion Sharing Economy: Competitive Threat Or Opportunity?
- Salesforce Acquires Demandware For $2.8 Billion To Create ‘Another Billion Dollar Cloud’
- 11 Retailers Honored As Social Media Mavens