Asda Direct, an online-only home goods, electronics and apparel retailer, has renewed its agreement with order management solution provider eCommera to refine and optimize its in-store pickup service, called Click and Collect.
In 2013, the Click and Collect offering helped Asda Direct reach record-breaking sales during the holiday season. Orders increased by 142% on Black Friday and 161% on Cyber Monday.
In addition to developing Click and Collect, Asda tapped solution to improve the site’s PayPal and drop shipping efforts in Q1 2014.
“Early on in the project, we agreed to reject the conventional vendor/supplier management model typically used,” noted Andrew McGregor, CEO of eCommera, “and work together in a more agile and dynamic fashion, which also reflects the way Asda works on the retail operational side.”
With the eCommera implementation, George.com, the fashion label of Asda, has been able to expand its delivery options to customers in 10 countries across Europe.
- The Cost Of Stunning Success Online? Slower Shipping
- 34% Of Thanksgiving And Black Friday Online Orders Picked Up In Store
- DSW Launches In-Store Pickup And Ship-To-Store Programs With eBay Enterprise
- Borderfree And Alipay Team To Bring American Brands To Chinese Consumers
- In-Store Order Fulfillment Can Be Complex, So Why Are Retailers Doing It?