Amazon.com has expanded its same-day delivery to customers in six metropolitan areas, including Baltimore, Dallas, Indianapolis, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. More than one million items now are eligible for same-day delivery as part of the expansion, according to a company press release.
Customers who place orders before 12 p.m. ET can have items delivered before 9 p.m. on the same day. The service is available seven days a week and includes a $5.99 shipping fee per order for Amazon Prime members. Pricing for non-Prime customers will continue to be $9.98 fee for the first item and $0.99 for each additional item.
Amazon will offer same-day delivery for a range of products, including health and beauty items, baby products, toys, movies and games, electronics, office supplies, sporting goods, apparel and home accessories.
Prior to this announcement, the same-day delivery service was available in the Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco and Seattle metropolitan areas.
- Walmart Delivers Promising E-Commerce Bounceback In Q2
- Department Store Drama Dominates Q2; Are More Store Closings In The Cards?
- Westfield Opens $1.4 Billion World Trade Center Mall In Lower Manhattan
- Search Engines Remain Powerful 'Funnels', Even Against Amazon
- Under Armour CMO Hire Takes Page From Amazon’s Innovation Playbook