Amazon.com has expanded its same-day delivery to customers in six metropolitan areas, including Baltimore, Dallas, Indianapolis, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. More than one million items now are eligible for same-day delivery as part of the expansion, according to a company press release.
Customers who place orders before 12 p.m. ET can have items delivered before 9 p.m. on the same day. The service is available seven days a week and includes a $5.99 shipping fee per order for Amazon Prime members. Pricing for non-Prime customers will continue to be $9.98 fee for the first item and $0.99 for each additional item.
Amazon will offer same-day delivery for a range of products, including health and beauty items, baby products, toys, movies and games, electronics, office supplies, sporting goods, apparel and home accessories.
Prior to this announcement, the same-day delivery service was available in the Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco and Seattle metropolitan areas.
- Canada Goose Migrates To Its Own Brick-And-Mortar Spaces
- Amazon Wins Big As Salesforce Inks $400 Million Deal To Expand Use Of Web Services
- AmazonFresh Expansion Capitalizes On UK Online Grocery Growth, Demand For Cheaper Food
- As Amazon Prime Grows, Walmart And eBay Ramp Up Fulfillment Infrastructure
- Judge's Ruling Dooms $6.3 Billion Staples-Office Depot Merger