There are several ways retailers can integrate tablets into brick-and-mortar engagement strategies. One tactic is to equip on-floor store associates with mobile devices to help customers browse inventory and complete transactions. Merchants also can implement fixed iPad stations for seamless self-service browsing and checkout.
Fanzz, a sporting goods retailer, successfully implemented a self-serve mobile station for shoppers. The fixed iPads stations empower shoppers to order items without help from store associates. As a result, the retailer significantly increased purchase rates across locations. Fanzz also experienced a boost in customer engagement with in-store marketing messages and promotions.
Because only a limited amount of inventory can be placed on store shelves, the retailer adopted iPads wrapped in MokiMobility technology to more seamlessly integrate online and brick-and-mortar shopping experiences.
“With such a wide range of products, we wanted to make sure every customer that walked in had quick, easy access to all of our inventory,” said Alex Mason, Online Sales General Manager at Fanzz. “Implementing iPads in stores allow us to do just that. Additionally, more consumers are participating in marketing promotions and activities, such as signing up for the Fanzz newsletter.”
Mobile POS and self-services strategies “engage users throughout the entire buying process and shows them all the resources available,” added Ty Allen, President of MokiMobility. “The entire journey of walking around a retail store, looking at merchandise then tapping on a tablet to explore even more varieties and options immerses the customer in products. Customers then leave the store either with a purchase or, at the very least, more information about the retailer and inventory.”
Watch this video to find out more about how Fanzz is improving the customer experience with self-service tablet stations.
- Hardware Chain Streamlines Task Management To Eliminate Tedious Processes
- To Win The Hearts Of Global Consumers, You Must Go Through Their Mobile Devices
- RTP Launches The Retail Strategy And Planning Series
- Mobile Sales Rise 42% As The New School Year Begins
- Whisbi Brings Physical Shopping Environment Online
Latest from Alicia Fiorletta
- Lush ‘Merely Scratching The Surface’ Of Multi-Billion Dollar Cosmetics Market
- Innovation Labs Help Retailers Keep Pace With Industry Shifts
- How Moleskine Innovates In A Digital World
- Boll & Branch CEO: Great Products Are The Foundation Of Successful Sustainability
- Touch Of Modern Creates Curated Shopping Destination For Men